Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa is an all-inclusive, luxury resort that includes 2 fabulous villages to suit every accommodation taste! The wonderfully charming Caribbean Beachfront Village embraces the true rhythm of island life creating a seaside Eden overlooked by towering coconut palm trees and tropical gardens. This private paradise is just mere steps from the ocean and has many bars and restaurants in-keeping with the theme to truly immerse you in Caribbean Culture.
The Mediterranean Oceanview Village is an exclusive all-suite village where European grandeur comes to life. With the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool and atmosphere to match that of St. Tropez, you will live lavishly in this village whilst enjoying the Caribbean’s infamous hospitality. The Mediterranean Oceanview Village draws influence from the chic boutiques of Milan, the fabulous pastry parlours of Paris and the wood-fired pizzerias of Italy…least we forget the 5* Gastropub ready to serve you the finest pub food you’ve ever had! The Mediterranean Oceanview Village has also been awarded the 6* Diamond Award so you can be sure you will be living in luxury throughout your entire stay!
Sandals Grande Antigua is home to some of the islands finest restaurants including OK Corral where you will enjoy the best and freshest steak on the island whilst soaking up an amazing sea view. Additionally, Bella Napoli Pizzeria is a favourite of ours within the Mediterranean Oceanview Village as it serves crisp, gourmet pizza that could rival Italy’s own!
Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa is the perfect place for couples to connect, reconnect or just escape from reality! The Resort has been voted the “Caribbean’s Most Romantic Resort” and with its many honeymoon suites with Butler Level service, you can see why! For couples wishing to begin their journey into married life at the “Caribbean’s Most Romantic Resort”, then the European Wedding Garden is the perfect place to hold your special ceremony!
Your entire Antigua holiday could be spent at Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa, and you would never run out of things to do, places to eat or nightly entertainment! However, if you do fancy venturing out into the island proper then here is our list of top 5 things to do:
- If you are looking for another beach to relax at, other than the gorgeous Dickenson Bay, I recommend checking out Ffryes Beach as it is one of the most famous and pristine white sand beaches in Antigua and well worth a visit when staying on the island. It is located just outside of Jolly Harbour and the calm blue waters at Ffreys Beach are perfect for a quick dip or snorkel!
- Culture lovers will want to head to Nelson’s Dockyard – a marina and cultural heritage site that was once an important docking point for the English Royal Navy, and is now a hub of shopping, dining, and hiking trails around the hillside. On a Friday Nelson’s Dockyard host a fish fry where you will be able to try some of the freshest lobsters on the island!
- Devil’s Bridge is another great location to venture to in Antigua: it is an ancient geological rock formation that creates a cool bridge across the ocean below. Whilst here look out for blowholes spouting water and sea birds perching on the rocks!
- Stingray City is another fabulous day out – a boat will take you to a sandbank in the ocean and once in the water curious Stingrays will swim up to you… this is one of our clients’ favourite activities to do in Antigua!
- Lastly, if you fancy seeing some more of Antigua’s history, then you’ll want to pay a visit to Betty’s Hope former sugar plantation. The site was once a slave-powered sugar plantation (in 1650), but it is now an open-air museum you can explore to better understand the history of the island.
These great trips and days out can be organised as group or private excursions from your Sandals Resort or can be driven yourself with a hired car! Charter Travel can organise this for you when booking your Sandals Holiday!